Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Camp Quality: Day Three

Justinsmall

[Well, everything I shot yesterday afternoon and evening completely corrupted
on my card. I couldn't recover much, but I did manage to salvage this one.]

This is Justin.
I hate to choose favorites, but I have really grown attached to him this week.
He is extremely shy and soft spoken; however, when he smiles, his entire face lights up.
Yesterday, he tapped me on the shoulder and said, "I have a surprise for you...
but I'll only give it to you if you sit by me at dinner."
He made me a beaded necklace with my name on it. It was one of the sweetest
& most thoughtful gifts I've ever been given.

It absolutely kills me to think about all he has gone through. He is so gentle and fragile.
I wish I could give him his childhood back,
and I wish I could protect him from cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment